In celebration of this year’s World Space Week (WSW), the Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) unveils the winners of the #YamangKalawakan Selfie/ Groufie Challenge.
The challenge, launched during the inaugural Philippine Space Week last August 2023, invited individuals and groups to send their photo submissions showcasing their favorite space technologies at home.
Check out the winning entries below, the full entries may be accessed here.
The winners will receive the following prizes:
- First place: Php 5,000 + Certificate + Exclusive PhilSA Merchandise
- Second place: Php 3,000 + Certificate + Exclusive PhilSA Merchandise
- Third place: Php 2,000 + Certificate + Exclusive PhilSA Merchandise
The entries were judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: The uniqueness and originality of the selfie in relation to the theme.
- Fun Factor: The level of enjoyment and excitement captured in the selfie.
- Composition/Quality: The overall quality of the photograph and how well it showcases both the participant and the exhibit/space technology.
- Relevance: The degree to which the selfie and the description of learning complement the theme of the Philippine Space Week.
A total of 40 entries were received, which showcased different space technologies that are now part of people’s lives. Explore more #YamangKalawakan submissions here.
The activity was conducted under PhilSA’s Space Education and Awareness Program (SEAP), which aims to promote public awareness and understanding of space science and technology applications.