The PhilSA Advanced Degrees for Accelerating Strategic Space R&D and Applications (PhilSA AD ASTRA) Scholarships program aims to provide financial assistance to outstanding students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree and are aiming to pursue a graduate or doctoral degree in fields related to Space Science,Technology, and Applications (SSTA) in local or international higher educational institutions (HEIs).
PhilSA AD ASTRA offers full, partial, lateral, and sandwich program scholarships to promising students pursuing advanced degrees in disciplines related to SSTA such as, but not limited to: System Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Digital and Analogue Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, RF Electronics, Software Engineering, Orbit, Dynamics Mission and Synthesis, Data Analytics, Atmospheric Science, Hydrological Science, Climate Change and Variability, Ocean Science, Geological Science, Earth Science Applications, Earth System Modelling, Biology and Biogeochemistry of Ecosystems, Geospatial Science and Technologies, Fundamental Physics, Nanoscience, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Space Physics, Planetary Science, Terrestrial and Planetary Environmental Science and Engineering, Nanotechnology, Space Education, Space Industry, Space Law, Space Policy, and Space Diplomacy.
- Must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application (for Masters and Doctorate Scholarships) and not more than 50 years old for stand-alone sandwich programs.
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be in good physical and mental health
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have a relevant Bachelor’s Degree (for Master’s Degree applicants) or Master’s Degree (for Doctorate Degree applicants)
- Must have no pending administrative/criminal case
- Must have no pending service obligation from any previous scholarship programs
- Must have a research/thesis/dissertation plan in line with the priority areas identified by the Scholarship Committee
- Must have passed the admission requirements of any CHED-recognized HEI (for local studies)
- Must have passed the internal scholarship process of his/her Department/Agency (for government employees)
- Must have been accepted to their host institution or University
- Tuition and other school fees
- Stipend (accommodation, meals, incidental expenses)
- Book Allowance*
- Technological Support (Covers provision of laptop* and basic monthly internet connection/communication expenses**)
- Round-trip Transportation Allowance
- Pre-departure Allowance (For grantees enrolled in universities abroad)
- Relocation Allowance (For grantees accepted to a University in a Region/country away from his/her current place of residence)
- Disability Support (For grantees with disabilities)
- Extra Academic Activities (Covers membership to professional societies, student clubs/ organizations, and participation to study visits, workshops, and seminars in line with the study)
- Thesis/Dissertation Allowance** (If applicable)
- Research Grant** (If applicable)
- Research Dissemination Grant (If applicable)
- Mentor’s Fee**
- Mentoring/Support Program
- Membership in PhilSA Scholars Group
*Only applicable to full scholarship holders (1 year minimum).
**Only applicable to local scholarship holders. This is a special provision under the remote learning set-up.
- Checklist of requirements
- Duly accomplished PhilSA Scholarship Program Application Form (Form 1)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- Certified True Copy of Grades/Transcript of Records
- Certified True Copy of Diploma/Certificate of Graduation
- Certificate of No Pending Administrative Case
- Certificate of No Pending Service Obligation
- Recommendation letters from 3 academic professors or supervisors (Form 2)
- Medical certificate
- Research and Career Plans (Form 3)
- Duly accomplished Proposed Budget Form (Form 4)
- Passport size photo
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Proof of acceptance in the University or host institution
All application forms may be downloaded here.
Email: email@example.com | Web: http://philsa.gov.ph/ | FB: PhilSpaceAgency | Twitter: PhilSpaceAgency | Instagram:philspaceagency | LinkedIn: philspaceagency