The Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) calls on promising students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree and are aiming to pursue research or a Master’s or Doctoral degree in fields related to Space Science, Technology, and Applications (SSTA) in local or international higher educational institutions (HEIs) to apply to the PhilSA Advanced Degrees for Accelerating Strategic Space R&D and Applications (PhilSA AD ASTRA) Scholarship program.
The program offers full, partial/lateral, and sandwich program scholarships to outstanding students pursuing advanced degrees in disciplines related to SSTA such as, but not limited to: System Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Digital and Analogue Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, RF Electronics, Software Engineering, Orbit, Dynamics Mission and Synthesis, Data Analytics, Atmospheric Science, Hydrological Science, Climate Change and Variability, Ocean Science, Geological Science, Earth Science Applications, Earth System Modelling, Biology and Biogeochemistry of Ecosystems, Geospatial Science and Technologies, Fundamental Physics, Nanoscience, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Space Physics, Planetary Science, Terrestrial and Planetary Environmental Science and Engineering, Nanotechnology, Space Education, Space Industry, Space Law, Space Policy, and Space Diplomacy.
Applications begin on June 15, 2023.
The following are the deadlines for submission of applications:
- Local Scholarships (First Semester/September 2023 intake): July 15, 2023
- Local Scholarships (Second Semester/January to February 2024 intake): October 15, 2023
- Foreign Scholarships (January – June 2024 intake): August 31, 2023
- Stand-alone Sandwich Program: August 31, 2023
- Must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application for Masters and Doctorate Scholarships and not more than 50 years old for stand-alone sandwich programs.
- Must be a Filipino citizen.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be of good moral character as attested by two (2) character references.
- Must have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- Must have no pending administrative/criminal case.
- Must have no pending service obligation from any previous scholarship programs unless there is a clearance or consent from the previous granting institution allowing the postponement of return service obligation and indicating that monitoring of the previous service obligation will not be transferred to PhilSA.
- Must have a research/thesis/dissertation plan in line with the Key Development Areas of PhilSA.
- Must have passed the admission requirements of any CHED-recognized Higher Educational Institution (HEI) (for local scholarship applicants).
- Must have passed the internal scholarship process of his/her Department/Agency (for government employees).
- Must have been accepted to their host institution.
*Only applicable to full scholarship holders (1 year minimum).
**Only applicable to local scholarship holders. This is a special provision under the remote learning set-up.
- Duly accomplished PhilSA Scholarship Program Application Form (Form 1)
- Recommendation letters from 3 academic professors or supervisors (Form 2)
- Research and Career Plans (Form 3A) for degree program applicants and Research Implementation Plan (Form 3B) and approved research proposal for applicants to stand alone sandwich program
- Duly accomplished Proposed Budget Form (Form 4)
- Medical certificate (Form 5)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- Certified True Copy of Grades/Transcript of Records
- Certified True Copy of Diploma/Certificate of Graduation
- Certificate of No Pending Administrative Case (for government employees)
- Certificate of No Pending Service Obligation or Certificate of Deferment of Return Service
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Proof of acceptance in the University or host institution
- If employed in government agency, endorsement letter from Head of Agency
Application forms may be downloaded here: PhilSA AD ASTRA Forms
Submission of Application
Submit complete application package here: https://form.jotform.com/230217751110037
For inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +632 8568 99 31