Salary Grade: 24
Item Number: PHILSAB-CSRS-21-2020
Division: Space Education and Scholarships Division
Minimum Qualification Standards:
Education: Master’s degree or Certificate of Leadership and Management from the Civil Service Commission
Experience: 4 years of supervisory/management experience
Training: 40 hours of supervisory/management learning and development intervention
Eligibility: Career Service Professional / Second Level Eligibility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direction, serve as the Division Chief (DC) of the Space Education and
Scholarships Division (SESD);
- Develop division policies and internal directives;
- Plan, lead, and manage the space education, science outreach, training programs,
and other related projects and activities of the Agency;
- Lead the development of scholarships, fellowships, and related programs that will
support present and future space science and technology applications (SSTA)
human resource requirements of a thriving space ecosystem;
- Spearhead STEM engagement and partnerships with academic, education, and
research institutions that will create and strengthen valuable pipelines and feeder
networks to secure the sustainability of SSTA programs;
- Initiate benchmarking and networking activities with international space education
centers, organizations or institutions;
- Lead the division’s research in the development of space education, science
outreach, training programs, and other related projects and activities of the Agency;
- Serve as the Division’s focal person for establishing relevant MOA/MOUs with
various stakeholders in support of the Division’s programs and activities;
- Give special attention to maintenance of morale; discipline and the development of
a highly motivated, cooperative, and well-coordinated workforce; and ensure
harmony and collaborative pursuit of excellence among its team members;
- Ensure quality output of the Service or Bureau prior to the review and approval of
the Director General (DG) and/or the upper management;
- Advise the DG and/or the upper management on matters concerning the Division;
- Perform other duties of a regular or special nature as may be assigned from time to
Applicants who have relevant background/experience will be preferred.
- – Doctorate degree in Education or Educational Management with specialization in
STEM track, educational administration, curriculum studies, or other relevant fields,
OR a doctorate degree in any science or engineering field.
- – At least 5 years of teaching experience.
- – Extensive work experience in managing and implementing science education
programs, or in curriculum research and development.
- – Engagement with government agencies, private institutions, international
organizations, or other stakeholders.
- – Proficiency in English and Filipino communication, both written and verbal as may
be evidenced through publications, project proposal composition, presentations, and
- – Knowledge and exposure in SSTA and space education.
- – Project management
- – Leadership
- – Data storytelling
- – Career Service Professional/ Second Level Eligibility / RA 1080 / Licensure Examination for Teachers or Its Equivalent
- – Knowledge and skills in the conduct, formulation, implementation, and coordination of education programs, standards, and activities within the contexts of K-12, higher education, and co-curricular learning relevant to the STEM fields.
- – Capability to apply core principles and concepts of education in using PhilSA’s research and development outputs to advance space science education in the country.
Access the link below to build your PhilSA Application Profile bit.ly/CSRS-PhilSA